Scout Regular highlights NIU track’s visit to South Bend

By Joseph Segreti, Sports Reporter

DeKALB – NIU women’s track and field traveled to South Bend, Indiana, for the two-day Meyo Invitational as junior Scout Regular earned her fourth straight top three finish in the 60-meter hurdles. 

Regular earned a second place finish in the 60-meter hurdles race with a time of 8.44 seconds. Regular has finished in first or second for the 60-meter hurdles at every invite for the Huskies this indoor season.

Fifth year Kadeja Campbell finished in eighth place for the 400-meter dash with a time of 55.57 seconds. Campbell’s teammate, senior Jahnetta Jones, finished two places behind her in 10th place with a time of 56.68 seconds. 

Junior Skylynn Blue finished in 10th place in the 200-meter dash on Friday with a time of 24.50 seconds. Campbell finished in 12th place behind her teammate Blue in the event with a time of 24.54 seconds. 

Fifth year Dymier Jeffery no-heighted in the high jump after taking third place in the Huskies last invite. The start height for the Meyo Invitational was 1.61 meters and Jeffery was unable to successfully jump that height. 

Fifth year Diamond Riley finished eighth place in triple jump with a jump of 12.19 meters. Riley was two weeks removed from winning the triple jump event at the Blue Demon Alumni Classic. 

The women’s 4×400 meter relay team took an eighth place finish as the relay team consisted of senior Christine Irving, junior Kennedy Crawford, sophomore Roshell Rowe and Jones. They finished with a time of 3:50.77. 

“Our two days of competition at Notre Dame had ups and downs,” said NIU Director of Track and Field Connie Teaberry. “Big moves up the conference list were made by Scout in the 60 hurdles, Skylynn in the 200 meters, and Jahnetta and Kadeja in the 400 meters. At this time of the year, improvement and proper execution are a must. This is no time for second guessing.”

The Huskies will travel to Grand Valley State University for the Big Meet on Feb. 10 at the Kelly Family Sports Center in Allendale, Michigan.