Poll: What was the best Nickelodeon show of the 2000s?

(Courtesy of Wikimedia)
The word “NICKELODEON” sits on an orange background. What is your favorite Nickelodeon show of the early 2000s? (Courtesy of Wikimedia)

The 2000s were a time of iconic TV shows. The biggest debate in the 2000s, and even still today, was whether children gravitated towards Disney or Nickelodeon shows. For every Disney kid, there’s a Nickelodeon kid.

What was the best Nickelodeon show from the 2000s?

“iCarly”

iCarly” aired on Nickelodeon from 2007-2012 and features the iconic characters Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) and Carly Shay (Miranda Cosgrove). Sam and Carly host their own web show called “iCarly” with the help of Freddie Benson (Nathan Kress) – the tech guy behind the webshow. “iCarly” features different acts that are mainly comedic.

Paramount+ revived the show in 2021 in efforts to cater the show more to adults. However, these efforts did not pay off, as the reboot of “iCarly” was recently canceled after three seasons. The original “iCarly” is and always will be the best and most iconic.

“Drake & Josh”

Imagine being forced to be step siblings with someone you hate: That’s what happens to Drake and Josh. Airing from 2004-2007, “Drake & Josh” follows the journey of two teenagers over the course of four seasons. Drake (played by Drake Bell) and Josh (Josh Peck) have nothing in common; however, they wind up becoming stepbrothers. Drake is considered to be a famous musician, and Josh is considered kind of a nerd in the show. 

Like most siblings or stepsiblings after four seasons of living together, they eventually learn to get along. Both Drake and Josh form a special bond only siblings and stepsiblings can form.

“The Fairly OddParents”

The Fairly OddParents” aired from 2001-2017. The show delves into the life of Timmy Turner, taken in by fairy godparents Cosmo and Wanda. In the show, Cosmo and Wanda have the ability to grant Timmy Turner any wish that he wants. 

As amazing as it would be to have any wish granted, this can also lead to unfortunate consequences, as Turner learns. “The Fairly OddParents” is a must-watch Nickelodeon show for any 2000s kid. 

“SpongeBob SquarePants”

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants. “SpongeBob SquarePants” is currently still airing on Nickelodeon with the very first episode airing all the way back to 1999. “SpongeBob SquarePants” follows the adventures of SpongeBob and his friends Patrick Star, Squidward and Mr. Krabs. 

“SpongeBob SquarePants” is a Nickelodeon staple for both current and future generations. Let’s not forget the iconic Krusty Krab and Krabby Patties.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

“Victorious”

Getting to attend a school as iconic as Hollywood Arts was every child’s dream when “Victorious” was on the air. For the central character Tori Vega (Victoria Justice), that dream became a reality. Between 2010-2013, “Victorious” provided viewers with relatable characters such as Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande), André Harris (Leon Thomas III) and Robbie Shapiro (Matt Bennett).

“Victorious” encouraged children to express themselves creatively and portrayed navigating life while being in high school.

“Big Time Rush”

Arguably, one of the most iconic boy bands of the 2000s, “Big Time Rush” follows the journey of four teenage boys from Minnesota who really only care about hockey. The main characters Kendall, James, Carlos and Logan get the opportunity to live the Hollywood dream when producer Gustavo Rocque discovers them and wants them to form a band.

Having the members of Big Time Rush come together to form a band paid off big time. Imagine how different the world would be without “Big Time Rush” in it. Big Time Rush is currently still a band today and have released numerous albums and gone on many tours.

This poll has ended.

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Results of last weeks poll: 

What’s the best Disney show of the 2000s?

“Phineas and Ferb” – 32%
“Wizards of Waverly Place” – 21%
“Hannah Montana” – 16%
“That’s So Raven” – 11%
“The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” – 11%
Other – 11%