Rosemont to host Jurassic Quest

A T-Rex stands in front of a blue sky. Jurassic Quest is an interactive dinosaur experience opening Dec. 28 in Rosemont. (Getty Images)

Residents of the Chicagoland area can relive 165 million years of history when Jurassic Quest opens up to the general public on Dec 28. 

This five-day event, held at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center from Dec 28 – Jan 1 in Rosemont, Illinois, is an interactive experience that takes guests through time, from the Middle Triassic to the Late Cretaceous era.

Jurassic Quest stands out as the largest and most realistic dinosaur adventure in North America, offering attractions such as rideable animatronic dinosaurs, dinosaur shows and interactive science and art activities. Jurassic Quest works in collaboration with Paleontologists to ensure dinosaur animatronics represent a photorealistic appeal. 

NEW AMENITIES

Enhancements and fresh experiences await visitors at Jurassic Quest in the upcoming 2023 season. 

Among new exhibit additions is “The Quest,” a self-guided scavenger hunt-style activity scheduled to debut on Dec 28.

Venture into thrilling encounters with Utahraptors as children engage in high-energy “Raptor Run” races. Another feature, “Rope-a-raptor,” invites kids to showcase their skills by lassoing stray dinosaurs and guiding them back to their designated pens. 

ADMISSION 

Children under the age of 2 are permitted free entry and general admission is $26. Further information on event scheduling and ticket pricing is available on the Jurassic Quest website.

Public Hours:

Thursday, Dec 28: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Friday, Dec 29: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Saturday, Dec 30: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. 

Sunday, Dec 31: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. 

Monday, Jan 1: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.