Restore Moominvalley as Snufkin in new Nintendo game

Courtesy of YouTube
Game characters Snufkin and Moomin sit next to each other on a wooden bridge. “Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley” is a new game released on March 7 which is available to play on Steam and Nintendo Switch. (Courtesy of YouTube)

Play as Snufkin in an adventure game and help return Moominvalley to its original state. 

A new game was released on March 7 called “Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley” which is now available on Nintendo and Steam. 

Available digitally as well as on a physical game card, the game starts at $19.99 which is a lot cheaper than typical Nintendo games which usually are in the $60 range. 

The game is inspired by Tove Jansson’s Moomin stories where the Mommin family live as well as other characters like Sniff and Stinky.

If you are not familiar with Snufkin or the Moomin Family check out the Official Moomin website and if you have time I recommend watching the series on Youtube.

Watching the series for the first time as I play the game has been helpful as it puts a voice into your head for each character and the personalities will come through better once you get to know them a bit more.

Play and use your harmonica to gain the approval of other creatures and discover more instruments along the way to restore Moominville.

Snufkin, who is from the Moomin stories as an adventurer in the game, enjoys nature. Seeing what Moominvalley has become upsets him so you’ll play as him in order to restore Moominvalley.

Snufkin finds inspiration in nature and often returns to Moominvalley to visit his friends like Moomintroll and Little My.

Explore Moominvalley by using a map to help other characters, complete more quests and music notes that will help you play your instrument better.

Players can help restore Moominvalley by helping creatures, completing side quests like clearing signs and removing gates.
I originally purchased “Snufkin” because of the affordability of the game and the design of the game cover caught my eye.

It was surprising to see a game be less than $40 let alone at least $20.

Even really before watching the series, I had a good time playing and exploring Moominvalley.

I enjoyed the 2-D art as well as it being a free-roaming game which allowed me to explore the environment, meet characters and take in what it felt like to be at Moominvalley.

Sometimes having a game where free roam could be looked at as daring and adventurous, can also be seen as overwhelming. I wanted a bit more direction when playing, especially since there are endless quests and side quests to fulfill. 

While playing you find out how much of a rebel Snufkin can really be as you dodge park keepers and take signs out of the ground to restore the beautiful greenery in Moominvalley.

Check out “Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley,” available on Steam and Nintendo Switch. If you’d like to know more about the game, check out Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley website.