Spring Dance Concert begins Thursday

A+poster+for+the+Spring+Dance+Concert+hangs+in+the+Stevens+Building.+This+will+be+the+School+of+Theatre+and+Dance%E2%80%99s+last+show+of+the+2023-2024+production+season.+%28Brynn+Krug+%7C+Northern+Star%29+
Brynn Krug
A poster for the Spring Dance Concert hangs in the Stevens Building. This will be the School of Theatre and Dance’s last show of the 2023-2024 production season. (Brynn Krug | Northern Star)

The annual Spring Dance Concert is taking place this weekend, starting at 7:30 p.m. on April 25 in the O’Connell Theatre in the Stevens Building. 

This year’s program, “The Continuum of Change,” will feature four distinct works, “Cog/nition,” “377 Repertoire Syllabus” (this act will contain a number of scenes from various productions such as “The Wizard of Oz” and ‘Swan Lake”) “GLiTCH 2.0 Cozy Ghost” and “The Continuum of Change.”

The dance concert will showcase the talents of a number of student performers from the School of Theater and Dance.  

The show will look at how people handle and experience change. The concert will reflect on various experiences of life and the different psychological, physical and emotional changes they can bring forth. 

Online tickets are required to attend the show. Tickets are free for NIU students, $20 for the general public, $18 for seniors and $12 for non-NIU students. 

This show is the last scheduled performance of the season from the School of Theatre and Dance.