Engineering college to hold job fair

By Deborah Costello

The College of Engineering and Engineering Technology will hold their Third Annual Career Day during National Engineers Week Feb. 18 through the 24.

“The Job Fair in recent years has been a very positive event not only for the students but for companies as well,” said Joy Pauschke, associate dean of the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology.

“All students are welcome including physics and applied mathematics majors, who may find the forum and Job Fair helpful,” said Amar Basatavia, a senior from the engineering school.

“Even juniors and pre-engineering students looking for summer jobs may find it helpful to attend,” he said.

Events will begin with a forum on Wednesday, Feb. 21 and a Job Fair on Thursday, Feb. 22.

The forum set for Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. in Montgomery Hall will host Ken Packer from Packer Industries who will speak on related topics of the field, said Basavatia.

Speakers from various industries are speaking Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Carl Sandburg Auditorium in the Holmes Student Center, Pauschke said.

From noon to 3 p.m., students will have a chance to speak with recruiters from the field at this year’s Third Annual Job Fair located in the Duke Ellington Ballroom, she said.

“A list of this year’s participants will include the Illinois Department of Transportation, Sunstrand, CTS Knights, Electronic Data Systems, Caterpillar and more,” Pauschke said.