Campus hours vary over finals and holiday weeks

By Julie Zvitkovits

Campus closings and time changes are numerous during finals week and over Christmas break.

The Huskie Line buses will run from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16., the last day of final exams. The buses will resume service on Jan. 14, the Sunday before classes in the spring semester.

Residence halls will close at 10 a.m. Dec. 17 and will reopen at 10 a.m., Jan. 10. Students have been instructed to leave the residence halls within 24 hours of their last final exam, unless they have special permission.

The Holmes Student Center, including the bookstore, will be closed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 3. Likewise, the University Health Services will close at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 22 and reopen at 8 a.m. Jan. 3.

Founders Memorial Library has extended its hours between today and Dec. 15. The library will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 2 a.m. weekdays, and from 9 a.m. until 2 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. It will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Dec. 16, and between Dec. 17 and Jan. 14, library hours will be 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. during weekdays, and 1 to 5 p.m. on weekends. The library will be closed Dec. 25, Jan. 1 and Jan. 15.

The Law Library will be open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Dec. 21 and 22. The library will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Dec. 23. After closing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, it will be open Dec. 26 through 30 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It will be closed New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The library’s hours will be 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on weekends Jan. 2 through 14. It will be closed Jan. 15 in celebration of Martin Luther King’s birthday.

The Financial Aid Office will be closed Dec. 23 until Jan. 3.

The Student Recreation Center will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Dec. 16 and noon until 6 p.m. Dec. 17. It will be open Dec. 18 through 22 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. It will be closed until Jan. 3, when it will resume the hours of 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on weekdays.

Only Douglas and Lincoln hall computer labs will be open during finals week, beginning Saturday. They will be open from noon until 5 p.m. Saturday, and from 1 until 10 p.m. Sunday. Labs will be open from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Friday. Labs will be open 8 a.m. until noon Dec. 16.