Business group sponsers bingo, campus project

By Kathy Sisler

Phi Sigma Epsilon, a pre-professional business organization, will sponsor two projects this spring, one for the DeKalb community and another for the campus.

Jeff Donaldson, PSE member, said PSE will sponsor a bingo night for the residents of Pine Acres Retirement Home, 1212 S. Second St., beginning tonight at 7 p.m.

Donaldson said prizes will be given to all participants during the games. He said the DeKalb business community donated all the prizes and were very responsive to the idea. “The prizes will consist of centerpieces, flowers, planters and other various prizes,” he said.

efreshments will be served during and after the games, Donaldson said. He said even though this project coincides with a PSE national convention, he expects both new and current members to attend.

Deb Leahy, Pine Acres activities director, said the residents enjoy having NIU students visit. “The community has been real good to us, and when NIU students come in it is a good experience for both sides,” she said.

For its other project PSE invited about 16 business organizations to a College of Business Open House April 14 to inform students about the many different NIU business organizations and to provide a forum for questions about each group, said Greg Zyck, executive board member.

Zyck said College of Business Dean Wayne Albrecht is supporting the idea because he said it is hard to attract new members.