Police Report: March 26-28

By Northern Star staff

The following was taken directly from the NIU Police Department. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The NIU Police Department provides police reports online at niu.edu/publicsafety/.

March 26

1. At 2:30 p.m., possession of drug equipment was reported to have occurred at Neptune North. This case was closed by exception.

2. At 2:47 p.m., harassment by electronic communications was reported to have occurred at the Campus Life Building. This case was closed by exception.

Friday

3. At 4 a.m., criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at Neptune West. This case is open.

4. At 12:01 a.m. Jan. 1, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at the Stevenson Complex. This case was opened Friday.

5. At 11 p.m. March 26, theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at 1350 Stevenson Drive. This case was opened Friday.

6. At 5:56 p.m., criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case is open.

7. At 8 p.m., battery and theft $500 and under were reported to have occurred at the Holmes Student Center. This case was suspended.

8. At 1:38 a.m. March 25, harassment by telephone was reported to have occurred at the Campus Life Building. This case was closed by exception Friday.

Saturday

9. At 10 a.m., theft $500 and under was reported to have occurred at Founders Memorial Library. This case was suspended.

10. At 1 a.m., criminal damage to property was reported to have occurred at Neptune West. This case is open.

11. At 6:04 p.m., Ericka A. Navarrete, 20, of Mundelein, was charged with an in-state warrant reported to have occurred at the Recreation Center.

12. At 9 p.m., all other disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at Neptune Central. This case is open.

13. At 10 p.m., all other disorderly conduct was reported to have occurred at Stevenson South. This case was closed by exception.

Sunday

14. At 1:25 a.m., illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor was reported to have occurred at the Recreation Center. This case was closed by exception.