Modeling organization unveils members, styles

Anthony Sampson, Present Perfect Modeling Organization choreographer and junior communication major, leads student models during their rehearsal Nov. 16 in the Holmes Student Center’s Regency Room.

By Darius Parker

Present Perfect Modeling Organization is showcasing its new members at a show for the first time in four years.

Present Perfect Modeling Organization, which allows students to produce shows and display fashion trends on and off the runway, will unveil 28 student models of all majors at its A New Era show.

Antonia Mead, Present Perfect Modeling Organization president and senior child development major, said she is excited to unmask the 28 models and uphold the organization’s reputation as it approaches its 30th anniversary of being on campus.

“Please be prepared to have your mind blown because we’re coming,” Mead said. “We’re coming and the show is about to be crazy. Just look for the styles, moves — just be prepared… . We’ve been here, about to be 30 years in February. I think that that’s something to be proud of and we really take that into account. We’ve been here for a long time.”

The members will bring their own flair to the show by combining new moves with signature ones.

“It’s always a new set of people that can bring their own uumph to the show,” Mead said. “We’re going back to our old roots [by] sticking to Present Perfect Modeling Organization moves.”

Models learn foundation moves at practices in order to create their own.

“They’re getting a lot better and they’re pretty much ready for the show,” said Oba Daniels, Present Perfect Modeling Organization assistant choreographer and senior communication major.

All fashions are hand-picked by the models and then reviewed by Damion Love, Present Perfect Modeling Organization fashion consultant and senior textile apparel merchandising major.

Love assists in selecting the themes for Present Perfect Modeling Organization’s showcases and provides the models with runway options and information about trends.

“I’m here to aid and assist them and approve the things that go on the runway,” Love said. “We like for our shows to be very high fashion and give a very distinct look.”

Love said he wants the new models to take high fashion on campus to the next level.

“It’s often said we have people who try to imitate PPMO so we’re definitely going to show them who PPMO is,” Love said.

Modeling organization  unveils members, styles