Blue Man Group looking for college representative

By Northern Star Staff

It’s not every day a widely-known music group calls upon college students for help.

The Blue Man Group is doing just that. The group is holding a contest to search for its new collegiate correspondent for 2013. The contest runs until March 1.

For this contest, students must submit a one- to three-minute video to tell the group and its producers why they should be chosen for the correspondent role.

Blue Man Group is a musical group that was founded in 1987 by Chris Wink, Matt Goldman and Phil Stanton. The group produces instrumental music like experimental music, comedy with the use of multimedia and recorded music for films.

According to the contest’s Facebook page, the winner will receive the title of Blue Man Group Chicago official on-air collegiate correspondent, video production expenses paid for my Blue Man Group; exclusive behind the scenes stories relating to the college community, a copy of all pieces produced with Blue Man Group to be used in the student’s portfolio and on-air experience, and exposure with videos distributed via Blue Man Group online channels.

The correspondent will travel to Chicago up to four times in 2013 to create videos promoting the Blue Man Group. The videos will appear online at the Blue Man Group website, and will be used to strengthen the student’s journalism portfolio. The correspondent will have the opportunity to interview band members, directors and producers.

Video submissions can be submitted online at the official Blue Man Group Facebook page. The winner will be announced on March 15.