Campus blotter for 4/26/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Tuesday

At 10:10 a.m., an officer responded to Cole Hall in regard to a report of theft. The officer met with a woman who said someone stole her cellphone. This case is pending investigation.

At 12:24 p.m., officers responded to Grant North in regard to a report of battery. The officers met with those involved and found a female non-student slapped her boyfriend in the face. Chloe F. Ross, 19, of Crystal Lake, was arrested for domestic battery and transported to DeKalb County Jail to await bond call.

At 7:24 p.m., an officer responded to Founders Memorial Library in regard to a report of theft. The officer met with a woman who said someone stole her cellphone. This case is pending investigation.

At 7:56 p.m., an officer on patrol observed a vehicle commit a traffic infraction. The officer made contact with the driver and arrested her for providing a false name numerous times. The woman was charged with obstruction identification because she refused to provide her real name. The offender was processed at the NIU Police Department and released after posting bond.

At 9;50 p.m., an officer in the Lincoln Hall lobby observed a female assault another female. The offender was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for assault.

At 11:35 p.m., officers on patrol observed a vehicle commit a traffic infraction. The officer made contact with the driver, Debra A. Phillips, 51, of DeKalb, and she was arrested for an original warrant out of Kane County for misuse of credit card. Phillips was transported to the DeKalb County Jail because she was unable to post bond.

At 11:20 p.m., an officer responded to the lobby of the NIU Police Department for a report of theft. The officer met with a man who said someone stole his cellphone while he was in the Campus Recreation Center. This case is pending investigation.