Campus blotter for 3/8/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Tuesday

At 10:40 a.m., an officer was dispatched to Barsema Hall for a report of a possible counterfeit bill at Sons Café. The officer met with the complainant and took a report. This case is pending investigation.

At 12:40 p.m., an officer was dispatched to meet with an individual in the police department’s lobby. She reported her wallet had been stolen on Monday when she was at the Campus Recreation Center for an exercise class. This case is pending investigation.

At 8:22 p.m., officers initiated a traffic stop for a vehicle at Stadium Drive East and Lincoln Drive North. The driver of the vehicle, Deshawn R. Clifton, 21, of Chicago, was determined to be banned from campus. Clifton was arrested and charged with criminal trespass to real property. He was released on cash bond.

At 6:11 p.m., an officer was dispatched to respond to the 11th floor of the Holmes Student Center for a report of cannabis. The officer made contact with six individuals in a room from which the odor of cannabis seemed to be coming. The individuals admitted to having cannabis. All were given verbal warnings for possession of cannabis.