Campus blotter for 1/26/12

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Sunday

At 12:21 a.m., an officer stationed in Grant Towers South was approached by an individual who was determined to be under 21 and intoxicated. The individual received a verbal warning for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 2:52 a.m., an officer was conducting a building check in the Lincoln Hall lobby. The officer observed an individual who was determined to be under 21 and intoxicated. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 3:53 a.m., officers were dispatched to Grant Towers North for a report of a possible sexual assault. Officers made contact with the involved individuals. This case is pending investigation.

At 4:05 a.m., officers on patrol on Stadium Drive East observed a vehicle fail to stop at a stop sign. The officers conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and discovered a small amount of cannabis. The driver was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of cannabis.

At 4:11 a.m., an officer at the front desk of Lincoln Hall was approached by two individuals who stated that an individual was passed out in the stairwell of Lincoln Hall C Wing. The officer made contact with the student and determined the student was under 21 and intoxicated. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

At 3:12 p.m., officers on duty at the Convocation Center observed an individual strike another individual. The officers made contact with the individuals, which resulted in Dana S. Macklin, 33, being arrested for battery. He was processed at the NIU Police Department and released after posting bond.

Monday

At 1:05 p.m., officers were dispatched to the Rec Center for a report of a theft. This case is pending investigation.

At 8:26 p.m., officers were dispatched to the fifth floor of Stevenson South Tower A after receiving a report of an odor of cannabis. Upon arrival, the officers determined the individual was in possession of cannabis. The individual was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.