Campus crime blotter for April 20

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

April 7

• At 9:48 a.m., an argument between two students in class at DuSable Hall escalated into a physical altercation. One person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for battery.

Friday

• At 11:07 p.m., an officer on routine patrol noticed a person walking westbound on Greenbrier Road carrying what appeared to be an alcoholic beverage. The person voluntarily poured out the alcohol and received a referral to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.

Saturday

• At 1:32 a.m., officers stopped a couple walking down Hillcrest Drive, one of whom had a open container of alcohol. When questioned by the officer, Cole Love, 21, of Streamwood, turned around and fled the scene. He was apprehended later and charged with obstructing a police officer.
  • At 3 a.m., an officer traveling westbound on Lincoln Drive observed a male get out of a vehicle with an open bottle of alcohol in his hand. He was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 5:20 a.m., two students were found sleeping in a vehicle parked in Lot W. Both admitted to underage drinking and received a verbal warning for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor.
  • At 8:51 p.m., two people were observed removing a backpack from the trunk of a car in Lot 15E. Since the backpack appeared to contain alcohol, the officer questioned them and they admitted it was alcohol. Both were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.

Sunday

• At 3:38 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Neptune West on a possible altercation. The case is pending investigation.
  • At 8:42 a.m., a person reported a criminal sexual assault in Douglas Hall. The case is pending investigation.