Campus crime blotter for Feb. 16

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken directly from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Friday

• At 5:58 p.m., a person was found to be in possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 grams and under.

Saturday

• At 1:52 a.m., officers were dispatched to a reported domestic situation. Once on scene, all involved individuals were identified and interviewed. Amanda Burzawa, 19, of Schaumburg, was placed under arrest and charged with battery. She was transported to the NIU Police Department, where she was booked and released after posting bond.

•At 2:54 a.m., a person was found to have unlawfully consumed alcohol. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.

•At 3:15 p.m., the theft of an unattended wallet was reported to have occurred near a basketball court at the Student Recreation Center. This case is open pending further investigation.

•At 10:05 p.m., a person was found to be unlawfully in possession of alcohol. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.

• At 11:58 p.m., while on a traffic stop, two passengers were found to unlawfully be in possession of alcohol. Both people were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.