Campus blotter for Sept. 15

By Northern Star Staff

The following was taken from the University Police. Anyone mentioned is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The University Police Department provides police reports on the Web at finfacil.niu.edu/PublicSafety.

Saturday

• At 3:53 p.m., an officer patrolling the football east tailgating area observed an individual holding a can of Coors Light and acting suspiciously. The individual admitted to having an alcoholic beverage in his cup. He also had a metal pipe painted to look like a cigarette containing cannabis. The underage student was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sunday

• At 10:44 p.m., officers responded to the third floor of Stevenson C Tower regarding the odor of cannabis. Two residents of the specified room admitted to smoking cannabis and to having drug paraphernalia. Both were referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Monday

• At 11:23 a.m., an officer in the Holmes Student Center took a report regarding a counterfeit bill. This case is pending investigation.

• At noon, an officer took a report regarding an incident of computer fraud. A complainant reported that money was fraudulently taken out of her TCF Bank account. This case is pending investigation.