Peters to give State of the University address

NIU+President+John+J.+Peters+delivers+his+annual+State+of+the+University+Address+Thursday+afternoon+in+the+Altgeld+auditorium.++

NIU President John J. Peters delivers his annual State of the University Address Thursday afternoon in the Altgeld auditorium.

By Katie Zak

NIU President John Peters will deliver the State of the University Address Thursday in the Altgeld Hall auditorium.

Peters is expected to discuss the financial status of NIU.

“Because of the climate that we are in a with the state and university of course those messages will be included,” said Brad Hoey, team leader of Media Relations and Internal Communications . “It’s something that we’ve been dealing with several years now and especially within the last year to year and a half.”

Hoey said Peters will speak about the upcoming years at NIU.

“What’s going to be addressed will deal with looking to the future of NIU,” Hoey said. “Where we’ve been and where we’re going in the immediate future and not too distant future will be one of the things he will highlight.”

Hoey said Peters will share important messages and emphasized that attending the address will benefit all members of the NIU community.

“There will be an important message for faculty, staff and particularly for students,” he said. “For the community and the alumni. We want to encourage students and, in fact, anybody who has the ability to attend.”

The speech is open to the public and will be streaming live from the NIU Today website.

Hoey said that Peters will speak about the upcoming years at NIU.

“What’s going to be addressed will deal with looking to the future of NIU ,” Hoey said. “Where we’ve been and where we’re going in the immediate future and not too distant future will be one of the things he will highlight.”

“There will be an important message for faculty, staff and particularly for students,” he said. “For the community and the alumni. We want to encourage students and in fact, anybody who has the ability to attend.”

The speech is open to the public and will be streaming live from the NIU Today website .