Quartet starts new bus line

By Tarciano Figueiredo

Three NIU students and a DeKalb resident are bridging the gap between DeKalb and the surrounding area by launching a shuttle bus that will take passengers where the Huskie Bus Line does not go.

Senior criminology major Jason Culberson, senior applied technology major Jeremy Zink, accounting major Brennan Mrugala and DeKalb resident Erik Hannig are partners in a new bus company, Road Trip Coach Lines.

Although RTCL was formed in January, the company didn’t purchase its first bus until April.

“With the price of gas and tollways going up, it is a great opportunity for students to save money,” Culberson said. “The bus service will help students get around easier.”

Culberson, who has lived in DeKalb for four years, said he wanted to see a better DeKalb – including better access to public transportation.

Zink also wanted to own his own business. He said the bus is clean and will offer students a comfortable ride.

The services will help students who do not have a car or who just moved to DeKalb, NIU alumnus Dustin Harrison said.

The bus route starts at the Holmes Student Center and includes stops at Sullivan’s Foods on 4th Street in DeKalb, the Route 59 Metra Station, Westfield Fox Valley Mall and the Chicago Premium Outlets.

The shuttle runs Friday through Sunday.

Tickets can be purchased on the bus. Plans for expanded ticket sale locations are coming, and only cash is accepted.

For more information, visit www.roadtripcoachlines.com, call 815-501-5556 or e-mail [email protected].