College names acting dean

By Daniel McMahon

Peter Kaminski, an NIU marketing professor, was appointed the new acting associate dean to the College of Business.

Kaminski succeeds David Graf, who recently was named acting dean, to fill a vacancy left by longtime business dean Richard Brown, who moved to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.

“It’s a very exciting time to be in the College of Business right now. The school is going in a number of exciting directions at the moment,” he said.

Kaminski’s new duties will include chairing the college curriculum committee, planing and implementing research, coordinating class scheduling and working closely with the graduate program.

“The school is still looking for a permanent dean, so we must bridge until one is found,” he said.

Kaminski said that because he still teaches NIU courses in marketing, his time will have to be split between the two duties for the next year.

“One year is not a long time, so no major changes will happen. I am, though, very excited to be in the position,” he said.

Lee Meadow, NIU chair for the marketing department, said Kaminski is taking the associate dean position at a pivotal time for the College of Business.

“It’s great for us to have such an experienced professor such as him (Kaminski). This year the AACSB (American Association for Collegiate School of Business) will be having their visitation team here at NIU, and Professor Kaminski knows the campus and school very, very well,” Meadow said.

Kaminski, a Sycamore resident, came to NIU in 1980. He holds a doctoral degree in marketing from Pennsylvania State University-University Park. Kaminski also has published numerous journal articles on topics such as growth strategies, information technology in small business and sales motivation.

Kaminski is also a member of the American, Atlantic, Midwest, Southern and Southwest marketing associations.