Student Clubs expose themselves

By Courtney Cavanaugh

Free sno-cones, popcorn and a dunk tank will be at the King Memorial Commons today.

The annual Organizational Expo, featuring DJ Spre, is designed to inform students of the different organizations on campus.

“The point of the expo is to show off the organizations for incoming freshmen,” said Lonnie Pollard, director of organizational development for the Student Association.

Pollard said more organizations definitely are involved this year than last year.

“A lot of the tables are selling items and having giveaways and raffles,” he said.

Jessica Rinehart, president of the Southeast Asia Club, said she is excited about the expo.

“We’ll have a booth there with all the info on the club,” she said. “We also give out candy from Southeast Asia, which is really, really good.”

The Pan-Asian Interest Student Alliance also is excited for the opportunity to attract attention.

“It would be great for the group if they could get some exposure,” PAISA adviser Michelle Bringas said. “Particularly as it relates to the four goals, which are activism, leadership, community building and identity.”

Pollard said students should come out and not only because he may climb into the dunk tank.

“It’ll be a blast,” he said. “It’s a good way for [students] to see what organizations are out there, get to talk to them and get some free popcorn.”