Students learn about NIU‘

By Matt Gronlund

Transfer and high school students will have the opportunity to find out what NIU has to offer at an open house.

NIU will hold an open house on Columbus Day, Oct. 12, for anyone interested in attending NIU.

High school and transfer students, their families and anyone else interested in NIU are encouraged to come to the free program which will be held in the Holmes Student Center’s Duke Ellington Ballroom.

Katherine Pajer, assistant director of admissions, said the purpose of the open house is “to acquaint students with Northern and what’s available to students at Northern.”

“It’s a complete day,” Pajer said.

Visitors will have the opportunity to do many things at the open house.

They will be able to view an audio-visual introduction to NIU, take a campus bus tour and receive housing and financial aid information.

A number of representatives will attend the open house. “Representatives from six undergraduate colleges, and people from financial aid and housing will be there,” Pajer said.

Other open house dates include Veteran’s Day, Nov. 11, and Good Friday, April 9. The April date coincides with Spring Break for many high schools.

“The spring date has more high school juniors,” Pajer said. But, she said, “Anyone can come on any day.”

Those interested can arrive any time between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. No reservations are needed.