Expo highlights student organizations

By Laura Hayes

Students wondering what there is to do out here in “corn country” might find several interesting organizations if they attend this year’s Organizational Expo.

According to program coordinator Z. Ahmad there will be more than 70 groups participating.

The event will be on the main floor of the Holmes Student Center. Tables will be open on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. During this time, students are invited to talk with representatives from the different groups and to sign up with them.

There will be a wide variety of organizations attending the expo. Groups such as the Asian American Association, the Irish Student Union and Alpha Psi Lambda will have tables set up for students to learn more about their organizations.

United Campus Ministry and Unity in Diversity plan to create a wall in which students will write where they think they fit in at NIU. Rev. Dave Schmidt said this was to “provide an opportunity for people to reflect on what others are feeling.”

Ahmad said six offices also will have open houses. These offices include the Office of Programming Activities (6th floor), Office of Corporate Education (2nd floor), Student Association (2nd floor), Gay-Lesbian Union (2nd floor), HSC General Office (main floor) and Campus Activities Board (lower level).

Ahmad invites students to come out and “find out what’s here.”