COVID-19 mobile vaccine clinic to come to NIU

Courtesy of the DeKalb County Health Department

The DeKalb County Health Department’s mobile vaccine clinic administered vaccines to students from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at the Martin Luther King Commons.

By Aidan Bengford

DeKALB — The DeKalb County Public Health Department will administer free COVID-19 vaccinations from noon to 3 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday at the Martin Luther King Commons.

Getting the vaccine is completely free, and there is no need to set up an appointment or register for the clinic ahead of time. The DeKalb Health Department will primarily offer the Pfizer-BioTech vaccine and a limited number of doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, said Lisa Gonzalez, public health administrator for DeKalb County Health Department. Students may choose which vaccine they receive.

This will be a first dose clinic, and vaccination record cards will be given out indicating that the first dose has been received. To get the second dose, visit the DeKalb Health Department, 2550 N. Annie Glidden Road, at least one month after the first shot. The DeKalb Health Department offers vaccine clinics five days a week, Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez expressed enthusiasm at “serving both students and faculty and staff at NIU this week” with the mobile vaccination clinic. 

Visit the NIU events calendar or contact Lisa Gonzalez at (815) 748-2429 or Melissa Edwards at (815) 748-2435 with the DeKalb County Health Department for more information. Find out more about the Protecting the Pack program at NIU here. To learn more about the DeKalb County Health Department, go to their website.