The ‘Indigo Disk’ DLC, what we know

Pokémon Oshawott lies next to Piplup on an ice sheet. The new “Indigo Disk” DLC for “Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet” will release Dec. 14. (Courtesy of YouTube)

A stunning blend of futuristic aesthetics and nostalgic throwbacks to past Pokémon games, “The Indigo Disk,” is set to wrap up the second half of “The Hidden Treasures of Area Zero,” downloadable content for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.

The adventure is primarily set in a new game location called Blueberry Academy. The academy is a school and battle facility set faraway from Paldea, the main region of the base games, and is located in the region of Unova. This region was first visited in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White, released in 2010 and inspired by the real-life region of New York City.

While the first game expansion of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, “The Teal Mask,” focused on the past and traditions, this latest release will focus more on the future and the advancement of technology in the Pokémon world. 

The main technological achievement featured is a large underwater dome that houses artificial biomes. These biomes contain a variety of Pokémon from all over the Pokémon world including many not found in Paldea.

The expansion of the DLC will feature a brand new battle league where Pokémon trainers can hone their skills.

The expansion will also contain a mini game that will allow users to fly with your Pokémon, Koraidon in Pokémon Scarlet and Miraidon in Pokémon Violet, through various hoops and obstacles. 

A number of older Pokémon will also be returning through the expansion including past first-time partner Pokémon and legendary Pokémon.

In addition to the aforementioned features, this DLC will finally reveal the truth behind legendary Pokémon Terapagos and the mysterious Area Zero, set in the middle of Paldea. 

“The Indigo Disk” is set to be released Dec 14. It will be available for digital download and as a combo pack of the base games, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.