Upcoming events, spring semester 2024

Sean Reed
Senior biochemistry major Konur Kivisto (left), freshman computer science major Jakob Kasarcik and sophomore finance major Ryan Kramer play chess Tuesday at the Spring Involvement Fair. The fair was the first of many events happening at NIU this semester. (Sean Reed | Northern Star)

DeKALB – In the coming months of the spring semester, students can expect an abundance of events, from campfires to graduations.

• 2024-2025 FAFSA Completion Workshop will occur at 2 p.m. on Jan. 30 in Room 100 at Peters Campus Life Building.
  • All-Majors Internship and Job Fair will take place from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at the Convocation Center.
  • Spring break will start March 10 and end March 17.
  • The IFC’s TUGS event will take place from April 15 to 20.
  • NIU’s 28th annual LGBTQ+ Pride Awards will be held at 11:30 am on April 19 in the second floor auditorium of Altgeld Hall.
  • Outdoor Adventures: Lagoon Fest – Full Moon Paddle will be taking place from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on April 23 at the East Lagoon.
  • The End-of-Year Career Fair will be from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on May 1 at the Duke Ellington Ballroom in the Holmes Student Center.
  • Classes end for the Spring 2024 semester May 2.
  • NIU’s End of Year Celebration will go on from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on May 2 at the Huskie Den in the Holmes Student Center.
  • Outdoor Adventures: End of the Year Campfire will take place from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. on May 3 at the West Lagoon.
  • Final Exams begin May 4.
  • Spring Semester ends May 10.
  • Spring Graduate Commencement will take place on May 10. Time and Place TBA
  • Spring Undergraduate Commencement will take place on May 11. Time and Place TBA