Kim Kester extended through 2026-27 season

Kim Kester advises her player during an NIU women’s golf practice. NIU Athletics announced Wednesday that Kester was given a multi-year contract extension. (Courtesy of NIU Athletics)

DeKALB – NIU women’s golf head coach Kim Kester received a multi-year contract extension, NIU Vice President and Director of Athletics Sean Frazier announced Wednesday. The contract extension keeps Kester in DeKalb through June of 2027. 

“She has built a program that consistently competes for championships and has done so with integrity and hard work,” said Frazier via NIU Athletics. “We are fortunate to have Kim continue to lead and teach the student-athletes in our program.” 

Kester was named head coach in August 2012 and led the Huskies to the NIU single-season team stroke average of 300.9 in the 2020-21 season. The Huskies also set the 18, 36 and 54-hole scoring records at the 2021 MAC Challenge. 

Kester developed senior Jasmine Ly into the first NIU women’s golfer to win the MAC Championship individually in 2022. Following the 2021-22 season, Kester was named MAC Coach of the Year

NIU’s top-10 single-season and career scoring records were all recorded under  Kester. Kester also coached eight All-MAC selections while at NIU. 

Kester and the Huskies are gearing up for the 2024 MAC Championship, stretching from Sunday through Tuesday at Pinnacle Golf Club in Grove City, Ohio.