Northern Night Life provides lively entertainment

By Allen Roscoe

On Friday, March 31, the Holmes Student Center will play host to a variety of entertainment for the most diverse of students. Sponsored in part by the Campus Activities Board, Northern Night Life begins at 8 p.m. and continues until 3 a.m.

Northern Night Life begins with the side-splitting comedy of Paul Venier. His crazy and obnoxious blend of comedy will be followed by MTV’s Remote Control man, Colin Quinn. Quinn and Venier will perform in the Duke Ellington Ballroom. Venier is scheduled to start at 8 p.m.

At 9 p.m., in the Capital Room, NNL will feature a casino, and in the Huskie Den, there will be moonlight bowling. Both activities will continue until 3 a.m.

From 10 p.m. to midnight, “The Accused” will be shown in the Sandburg Auditorium. Admission is $1.

The semi-finals of Win, Lose, or Draw will take place in the Pow Wow Cafeteria, with the finals being held at midnight. While in the Regency Room, the Blizzard of Bucks Game Show will be taking place.

The Blizzard of Bucks has all the excitement of a professional TV game show. Contestants will be selected at random following the comedians’ performances and will then compete for the opportunity to win a trip into the Incredible Money Machine for a chance to grab up to $500 in cash.

At midnight, the Duke Ellington Ballroom will become home for the high-energy dance music of the The Rave.

This four-person band combines their own original music with blends of dance music from the Talking Heads, INXS, Erasure, The Cure, Modern English and many more.

During the concert, there will be a balloon drop, where individuals will have the opportunity to receive coupons which can be redeemed for free prizes ranging from pizza to cameras.

At 1 a.m., the festivities continue in the Diversions lounge with a hilarious cartoon fest.

In the hallways throughout the student center, there will be entertainment which includes a juggler, a magician, a characpictures booth, tables to get picture buttons, shirts and hats and a sound machine.