Floral grows in style

By Victoria Lunacek

To survive the hustle and bustle of the first day of class, students chose to keep outfits simple and comfy. Dark colors and athletic wear were seen on many students as they walked around campus.

Tops and T-shirts

A staple look of fashion in the ’70s, floral prints have been a popular go to for women and are making a comeback. Whether it’s a PINK brand t-shirt or a flowy top, florals are popular this fall. Army green has become popular with over-sized sweaters and long shirts as well.

Men sported black and white t-shirts with simple graphics, plaid long sleeve shirts and the ever comfy grey hoodies.

Leggings and Jeans

The ladies showed off extremely admired black leggings with almost every outfit. With flexibility and multiple designs, leggings can be dressed up or down. Senior communication major Taylor Rogowski said leggings are the best choice of pants for any day.

“Leggings now have pockets, cute patterns and even can look like jeans,” Rogowski said. “They are the best way to stay comfy.”

Like leggings, skinny jeans are another staple of a woman’s wardrobe. Skinny jeans were worn with just about every clothing item imaginable on top. Senior psychology major Nia Harris said she loves to accessorize her skinny jeans any way she can.

“I think every woman should own at least two pairs of skinny jeans,” Harris said. “I love to wear mine with cute shoes and tops.”

For men, skinny jeans were replaced with straight leg jeans. From khaki straight leg pants to dark wash jeans, guys made the first day as comfy as possible. With straight leg jeans guys can easily move around, just in case they have to run across campus to make it to class.

Shoes

For both men and women, athletic shoes were very popular. Woman were seen wearing black or white Converse, while men wore Air Jordan’s. Nike was another popular brand as they are always coming out with new styles and colors throughout the year. This season, black and white shoes stole the stage.