NIU campus crime blotter for March 7

By Northern Star staff

Feb. 25

• At 3:42 p.m., the theft of a purse was reported to have occurred in Douglas Hall. The purse was left unattended in a classroom. After canvassing the area and finding no evidence, this case is administratively closed.

Tuesday

• At 8:52 p.m., a person reported his wallet was stolen from the Chick Evans Fieldhouse on Feb. 28. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 8:56 p.m., Troy Lee, 19, of Riverdale, was arrested for criminal trespass to land for violating his banning order on all NIU property.
  • At 9:59 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Stevenson Towers North for a complaint of suspect cannabis odor. A person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for illegal possession of alcohol by a minor, possession of cannabis 30 grams and under and possession of drug equipment.
  • At 11:08 p.m., a consented search was done on a room and drug paraphernalia was found. One person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct for possession of cannabis 30 grams and under.
  • At 11:19 p.m., a person in Grant Towers North reported a missing laptop. This case is pending investigation.

Wednesday

• At 1:36 p.m., a student reported the theft of an iPod that occurred at the Campus Recreation Center. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 7:32 p.m., a residential burglary was reported in Lincoln Hall. This case is pending investigation.
  • At 8:41 p.m., an officer on a building check recognized a person banned from campus. This case is pending investigation.

Friday

• At 12:12 a.m., a person was found to unlawfully be in possession of alcohol. The person was given a verbal warning.
  • At 12:15 a.m., a person was found to be in possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.
  • At 12:49 a.m., officers responded to Grant Towers South for a report of a person banned from NIU property. It was determined that the person was no longer banned. This case is closed as unfounded.
  • At 7:07 a.m., graffiti was found in a restroom at Founder’s Memorial Library. Pending new leads, case is administratively closed.
  • At 4:37 p.m., criminal damage to a motor vehicle was reported from Lot PS. A vehicle had its antenna damaged without the owner’s knowledge. This case is open pending further investigation.
  • At 11:22 p.m., a person was found to be possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. The person was referred to the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct.