Weekly events: Week of Nov. 30

Northern Star Staff

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

• Introduction to Mindfulness: Counseling and Consultation Services will provide a brief virtual overview of mindfulness and how to apply it with a guided meditation and mindful techniques at noon. Contact Kelsey Boll at 815-753-1206 for more information. 
  • Womanist Wednesdays: Womanist Wednesdays are interactive sessions that highlight topics related to gender identity, intersectionality and current events. The virtual event is held at noon. Contact dsmith34@niu.edu for more information.
  • Ask the Wellness Experts: Being Well When the World Ain’t Swell: Counseling and Consultation Services, Campus Dining, and NIU Recreation will host a virtual panel of wellness, fitness, and nutrition experts at 4 p.m. Contact Leanne Kulchawik at kulchawik@niu.edu for more information. 
  • Resume Q & A: Career Services will host a virtual resume workshop for students who have questions on how to create a resume at 4:30 p.m. Contact careerservices@niu.edu for more information. 

Thursday

• Social Justice Town Hall: Religion and Oppression: The ADEI Office a town hall at 11 a.m. to highlight how religious institutions have historically upheld systems of oppression and provide suggestions on ways to challenge that oppression in modern religious practice. Contact Jane Pappas jpappas@niu.edu at for more information. 
  • Career Webinar with the Department of Homeland Security: The ChicagoFederal Executive Board, in partnership with the Government College Relations Council is hosting a virtual career webinar at 11:30 a.m. with the Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. 
  • Sister Circle: The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center will host a Sister Circle session at 6 p.m. as a space for women and nonbinary students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to talk, listen, and simply exist amongst each other. Contact Ariel Owens at aowens1@niu.edu for more information.

Friday

• CoE Student Services First Friday: CoE Student Services will host a virtual question and answer session at 11 a.m. for students looking for additional resources for navigating life at NIU.
  • Free Fitness Friday – Zumba: NIU Recreation will host a virtual Zumba dance at 4 p.m. Contact Leanne Kulchawik lkulchawik@niu.edu for more information. 
  • Rush Education and Career Hub (REACH) Information Session: The Rush Education and Career Hub (REACH) at Rush University Medical Center is hosting three virtual information sessions at 5 p.m. that we will discuss college internships offered at Rush Hospital.