DeKalb County Community Gardens announces December schedule

Getty Images
An assortment of fresh food sits on a table. The DeKalb County Community Gardens recently announced its schedule for December. (Courtesy of Getty Images)

DeKALB – This December, DeKalb County Community Gardens are distributing fresh and healthy food as a part of their “Grow Mobile” program. 

The food will be available in different parts of DeKalb for free during a set period of time with no reservations required.

The first two giveaways will both be on Dec. 5, with one from  4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Hinckley First United Methodist Church on 801 N Sycamore St. and the other from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Malta Historical Society on 127 N. Third. 

There will be a distribution on Dec. 7, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the University Village Apartments on 722 N Annie Glidden Road. 

The next two giveaways will both be on Dec. 12, with one being from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Cortland Lions Club Shelter on 70 S. Llanos Street, and the other from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Family Service Agency in DeKalb on 1325 Sycamore Road. 

The next distribution will be on Dec. 14, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Westminster Presbyterian Church in DeKalb on 830 N. Annie Glidden Road. 

Next is on Dec.16 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Kingston Friendship Center on 120 Main Street. 

The second to last distribution will be on Dec. 19 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. once again in the University Village Apartments. 

The final distribution will take place on Dec. 21 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. once again at the Malta Historical Society.

The previous distributions on Dec. 26 and Dec. 28 have been canceled due to the holidays. Assistance with emergency food requirements can be reached at 815-901-5596.