Thanksgiving week causes energy shifts, be ready

A graphic depicts a blue and purple space background with 12 constellations spread out in a circle. The horoscopes for this week suggest what to expect between the Scorpio to Sagitarrian energy switch. (Joey Trella | Northern Star)

It’s nearly Thanksgiving, and that means our current energy is bound to make a 360. Sagittarius season officially begins Wednesday, making for a month of excitement, spontaneity and adventure. On Friday, Neptune goes direct in Pisces, contradicting the extreme optimism coming from Sagitarrius. On the same day, Mars enters Sagittarius, generating more passion and comfort in the expression of emotions and/or opinions. 

As Sagittarius connects to the temperance card in tarot, its season is all about self-growth, luck, harmony and patience, so new planetary placements may have an impact on aggression and/or irritability, but such tendencies may be outweighed. The week’s energy makes for a boost of adrenaline for all signs, specifically for any fire and/or mutable signs. 

This week may begin with Scorpio tendencies, but don’t fear, that is about to change. Here is what to expect during the shift from Scorpio to Sagitarrian energy: 

Aries (March 21 – April 19) 🔥 

You’ve been tirelessly working to appease the people around you. On Wednesday, you’ll be released from any emotional shackles holding you down. Scorpio season is bound to remind you of any internalized emotions you have yet to process, but as Sagittarius season quickly approaches, you’ll be feeling more like yourself. You’ll reestablish your self-confidence and determination, allowing you to work hard for yourself, not others. Reward yourself for all the internal and external growth you’ve achieved over the last few weeks.   

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) 🪴

As a stable Earth sign, you may find discomfort in Sagittarius season. This fiery month may cause you to step back from loved ones due to conflict. Thanksgiving is set to be intense for you, and you may not know how to properly cope. Allow yourself to put distance between you and those around you if you find yourself overstressing. You may use shopping to cope with any added stress, but refrain from purchasing unnecessary things. This is a time you should save your money. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) 🌬

As the mutable air sign in astrology, Sagittarius season will hit you harder than most. You often find yourself mirroring others; but as we enter a sign you’re more comfortable with, this mirroring tendency may go to a halt. New, intellectual pursuits are coming your way, which may be turned into financial outlets if they’re pursued. Old friends may end up reaching out as the holidays approach, and new platonic connections are coming your way. 

Cancer (June 21 – July 22) 🌊

At heart, you’re a hopeless romantic. This week, new romantic beginnings are on the horizon. You may feel compelled to go out with friends more than usual, and while out, a past fling may approach you. Your new love story may not go how you expected, but some loose strings may need to be tied up. If you had an unrequited love recently, they may be entering your life to try to clear things up. Make sure your head is clear, and don’t fall back into any unfulfilling relationships. Provide closure to old flames, but don’t get too caught up in them.    

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22) 🔥

As a fire sign, Sagittarius season is a familiar energy to you, and it allows relaxation and tranquility. You may find yourself having decreased stress, allowing you to fully enjoy the holidays. Don’t get involved in pointless drama, but make sure you prioritize the relationships closest to you. Bask in the positive shift in energy on Wednesday. This week may not be full of extreme change like past weeks have, so you can finally take a well-needed rest. 

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22) 🪴

You often find it difficult to ask for help, but this week, it’s essential to. During the holidays, you may find yourself doing everything – cooking, decorating, setting up, etc. – but anxiety may be worse than usual, so make sure you let your loved ones assist you. You don’t have to take care of every task; and sometimes, it’s better for others to take the lead. The week is all about accepting that you can’t be everywhere at once, and sometimes taking a second to step back is required and healthy. 

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22) 🌬

Your goals are changing, and you’re beginning to implement lifestyle changes in your daily life. This week, and/or on Thanksgiving itself, people may begin noticing the changes you’ve been making, whether they involve your professional life, health and/or home life. Although you may hate to admit it, you love compliments. When you finally get recognition for the hard work you’ve been doing, you’ll be even further motivated. Take compliments as motivators, and make sure you don’t get burnt out.  

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21) 🌊

Your season is almost over, and things are starting to work out for you! You’ve made a lot of positive changes in your life, causing a newfound spark within you. This might be the perfect week for you to host Thanksgiving yourself. Show your loved ones how much you’ve grown this year. Don’t feel bad about showing off any accomplishments, you deserve to be proud of yourself. Be open to the positive energy Sagittarius season will bring. It may be scary, but given your new self-concept, it’s a perfect season for you to manifest and pursue your goals.  

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21) 🔥

Your season is finally approaching, but things couldn’t be more confusing. Scorpio season may have hit you harder than most; but don’t worry, any familial and/or romantic issues Scorpio season brought on are going to stop. Regardless of the normal family arguments had on Thanksgiving, your personal relationships will improve over the coming weeks. Take on a new hobby and/or adventure. You’re a free spirit who doesn’t like to stay in one place too long, so it’s your right to go on new journeys, whether that be literal travel or something as simple as researching a new interest. 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) 🪴

Your dedication to work has steadily increased, but as Sagittarius season creeps closer, the rest of the year will be very relaxed. You typically aren’t comfortable with the fast-paced, energetic optimism of Sagittarius, so you may find yourself getting tired quickly. Stay on top of your professional goals and personal relationships, all while taking the time to invigorate yourself. You can’t do everything in a few days, and that’s okay, so allow yourself the proper time to finish tasks instead of causing unneeded stress.  

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18) 🌬

There may have been changes in your professional life, and it’s time to build close connections with any new colleagues. If you’ve recently gotten a job and/or promotion, make sure you focus on the social aspect of your job on top of the professional aspect. Although your outlook on work has improved, this does not mean you need to spend every waking moment trying to be perfect for your boss. Build proper work relationships to ensure lasting career motivation.  

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20) 🌊

With Neptune directing your sign, you may feel a new sense of leadership in your household, workplace and/or social circle. It’s time to step up to these new responsibilities. Any leadership opportunities presented will benefit your mindset and personal life, as well as help you reach any financial goals. If you get offered a promotion that you’re wary about due to the rank of the position, do it. Although being a leader may feel foreign, now is your time to shine and show others what you’re capable of.