Beware, Valentine’s Day won’t be cheery as it appears 

Weekly horoscopes for Feb. 11-17
A graphic depicts a blue and purple space background with 12 constellations spread out in a circle. The horoscopes this week suggest a less-than-cheery Valentine’s Day. (Northern Star File Photo)

With Valentine’s Day on Wednesday, many signs might find themselves scrambling for a date or gift for their significant other. As Valentine’s Day falls in Aquarius season, sweet, lovey-dovey vibes won’t be in the air; instead, the energy might serve as a reminder for how overrated and superficial this day is. While romance is hoped for, don’t be surprised when this day happens to be confusing, contradicting or even unexciting. 

Furthermore, with Mars entering Aquarius on Tuesday and Venus entering Aquarius on Friday, the emotional unavailability Aquarians tend to possess will impact romantic and motivational pursuits alike. Be sure not to let this confusing energy impact your outlook on love; just because the energy might seem off doesn’t mean the uneasiness is permanent. 

Here is advice on how each sign can tough out this week and keep their energy clear and positive:  

Aries (March 21 – April 19) 🔥 

As a typically extroverted zodiac sign, you might find yourself spending more time with friends or family this week rather than with a significant other. Your social group might have rapidly expanded over the last few weeks, and you want to invest time into newfound friendships. Be sure to network and do what’s best for you and those around you this week. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) 🪴

Change is not usually your forte, but you might have grown accustomed to it over the last couple of weeks. Regardless if you’re single or partnered up, you might go on an extravagant social outing this week. Allow yourself to accept any further change entering your life, but don’t let this change stop you from completing tasks that need to be completed. You might be a master of procrastination, but this is not the week to indulge in this habit. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) 🌬

As a naturally energetic and mentally-stimulated individual, you might find yourself becoming a teacher of some sort. You might have recently perfected a skill and want to bestow those around you with your wisdom. Don’t be offended if others don’t want to learn things you’re passionate about; you can’t control the actions of others. Stay on track regarding your learning and teach those who want to be taught. Remind yourself not everyone has the same goals or learns the same you do. 

Cancer (June 21 – July 22) 🌊

Wednesday might be a big day for you; between balancing romantic relationships and work, you might finally learn to ask for help. You might find asking for help to be a daunting task, but with the extreme Aquarius energy in the air this week, it’s necessary. This is a good skill to develop, and you’ll benefit greatly from utilizing it. Remind yourself that not everything is in your control and that’s OK. 

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22) 🔥

You might have a flare for the dramatics, but this week, this isn’t important. This week, you might find yourself being a homebody and rethinking the status of your relationships. It’s OK to not have the answers to everything, especially regarding pursuits of the heart. Give yourself time to understand how you feel about others to benefit those around you. Even though this week might not be as crazy as usual, some excitement is on the horizon. 

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22) 🪴

You might hate Valentine’s Day because of the amount of effort you put into pleasing those around you, but this shouldn’t be the case. Whether you’re in a romantic relationship or spending Wednesday with close friends, give those around you the chance to treat you well. You can’t be the only one carrying relationships. If you find that others don’t put the same amount of effort into a relationship as you do, it’s time to cut your losses and find others who will treat you how you deserve to be treated. 

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22) 🌬

While other signs might find this week daunting, you’ll breeze right through it. Sure, Wednesday might not be as romantic as you’d hoped, but that’s OK. You have the chance to fixate on passions and interests that might have seemed pointless before. Unlock your creativity, and spend this week doing things you love to do. You’re often all about love, and this week, you finally get a chance to explore self-love.   

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21) 🌊

Changes are happening quickly for you, Scorpio. You might have found yourself having too much on your plate, and although the damage might have already happened, it’s time to give yourself rest. Though easier said than done, try to sleep in and treat yourself this week; you deserve it. Between all the work and effort you’ve put into your career goals and personal relationships, you’ve completely neglected yourself, and it’s time to do something about that. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21) 🔥

Similar to Scorpio, you’re going through changes, but your changes are different. Your changes might be tweaks to your daily routine that have caused an extreme life-improvement. Keep instilling these small changes to your daily life, and reward yourself when you see self-growth. You’re constantly working to better yourself, and self-betterment will continue happening, slowly but surely. 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) 🪴

For a typically emotionally distant sign, this Valentine’s Day, you might find yourself wanting to treat your lover. You might end up purchasing a large gift in an attempt to show your gratitude, especially considering gift-giving being your most common love language. Remember, you don’t need to spend an extravagant amount of money on a gift for it to be meaningful; it’s the thought that counts.  

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18) 🌬

It’s still your season, and now with Mars and Venus entering your sign, you might feel even more at home. This week, regardless if you have a romantic partner or not, you might feel a strong sense of love and passion. This could apply to self-love, familial love, friendship or romance. Take in the good vibes and be sure to show appreciation to those around you.  

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20) 🌊

This week might be extremely difficult for you. Unresolved feelings might reappear, and you might run into past friends and/or lovers. Don’t let these emotions and events get to you. Try to understand why you feel the way you do and push through. You might find reassurance by talking to a loved one about your feelings or picking up a new hobby. Keep your head above water and keep chugging; coming weeks are predicted to be better.