As holidays draw near, romance brings cheer

Weekly horoscopes for Dec. 3 – 9
A graphic depicts a blue and purple space background with 12 constellations spread out in a circle. The horoscopes for this week suggest a festive week full of optimism (Joey Trella | Northern Star)

The first week of December is set to be a festive week filled with new passions and romance. As Venus, the planet of love, money and all other passions/hobbies, squares Pluto, the planet of transformation and rebirth, on Sunday, new romantic and financial beginnings will come to light. 

Venus will enter Scorpio on Monday, bringing a newfound intensity to Venus-related situations. Neptune goes direct on Wednesday, adding a sense of idealism to new pursuits entering. These extreme changes in planetary placements aim to improve the confidence of all signs, and some may even find themselves releasing toxic patterns and/or habits. With the holidays approaching, these placements are great to ring in the coming new year.

With the continued Sagittarius season, optimism is bound to continue. Here is what each sign should expect for this exciting week: 

Aries (March 21 – April 19) 🔥 

During this week, honesty and upfrontness will be your best friend. The more honest you are with yourself and others, the better things will turn out. You may have the desire to release undealt with trauma, and this week is the best time to do so. By releasing negative memories and habits, you’ll feel more comfortable with opening yourself up to new connections and career opportunities. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable; vulnerability is your key to success. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) 🪴

You haven’t given yourself time to rest; but with Venus, your ruling planet, entering Scorpio on Monday, you’ll finally get the break you need. While taking time to self-reflect, you may find yourself putting in more effort to sustain your current relationships. It’s time to reconnect with loved ones you may have unintentionally ignored. Selflessness is also a key contributor this week. Although you’re a naturally selfless sign, be sure to prioritize the needs of those closest to you as well as your own. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) 🌬

Sometimes, your ability to focus on several different tasks and goals gets tiring, so going back to a stable routine is needed during this week. Introspection and deliberation is crucial to figuring out what goals are truly worth pursuing. Instead of constantly running around, whether that be mentally or physically, take a break and allow yourself to go for a calm stroll. Go down memory lane and analyze what you were once passionate about and if those ideals are still present today.   

Cancer (June 21 – July 22) 🌊

As Venus enters Scorpio, current and/or new romantic relationships will flourish. You have a high chance of meeting an important love connection this week. Be on the lookout for new chances of commitment, and be sure to enjoy the new beginnings you’ll be provided. This week will be incredibly positive and rewarding, and you may even have a fun get-together with close friends and/or family. 

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22) 🔥

This week may start off a little rocky, especially in regards to work, but this won’t continue. Important deadlines may need to be met; but as the week comes to an end, you’ll get to cozy up and relax. Throughout all the chaos going on, you’ll finally get a sense of comfort in career pursuits. Be sure to appreciate those around you, but also prioritize giving yourself alone time. You may be a social butterfly, but with a busy work-life balance comes the importance of self-care.   

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22) 🪴

Although things may have been a bit confusing recently, you’ve taken up new hobbies that bring you happiness and relaxation. You may be more drawn to written communication this week, which can result in you letting go of emotions you haven’t had the time to address. Confide in close friends and/or family, and even share your work if you’re comfortable. Don’t be afraid to demonstrate your skills; you’ll get the recognition you deserve from showing them off. 

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22) 🌬

Family struggles may be high this week, and your energy may be slightly drained after Venus enters Scorpio on Monday; but don’t fear, all will improve. Your career will face improvements, and you may earn that promotion and/or raise you’ve been working toward. Even if you don’t feel confident, be sure to “fake it till you make it” this week. You’ll be faced with new financial opportunities that will succeed if you hold your ground and emit self-confidence. 

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21) 🌊

With Venus entering Scorpio on Monday, your self-esteem will vastly improve. If you feel drawn to trying a new style, do it. Go out and buy that shirt you’ve been wanting, or schedule a nail appointment this week. With the tumultuous year you’ve had, you deserve to feel secure in yourself and get dolled up. Go out with your friends for a night and/or take yourself out to a nice dinner. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21) 🔥

It’s still your season. Throughout this week, your continued secureness will persist. Work will be busy, but you’ll feel nostalgic of old memories and/or interests. You may see an old friend on the street or run into a high school classmate; catching up with past platonic connections can be positive. Be sure to not reach out to past flames, especially ones you felt trapped with. Reliving the past can benefit your current life and/or mindset, but only past events that bring happy memories rather than negative ones. 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) 🪴

Although you may consider yourself a homebody, this week you’ll be the opposite. Friends may invite you to events and/or gatherings, and you’ll finally have the motivation to attend. Work struggles may continue, but you’ll find a solid balance between sociability and professional matters. Romance may be on the backburner as you’ll be more focused on spending time with friends. Go out of your comfort zone and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with how things turn out. 

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18) 🌬

With the hard work you’ve put into your career recently, your boss, CEO, etc. will finally give you the recognition you deserve. This week, you’ll be receiving more attention than usual, whether that be while taking your daily stroll or going out to eat. Be sure to enter any and all awkward conversations with confidence and openness in order for them to blow over. Don’t stress over situations out of your control, even though that’s easier said than done. The more trust you have in yourself, the better things will end up.  

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20) 🌊

You may often find yourself stressing over the holidays as a lot of the planning and stress is placed on you, but this week, that stress will be relieved. You’ll get to enjoy seeing friends and family without the lurking idea that you have so much to prepare for this month. Refrain from overthinking the future and stay in the present. Romantic opportunities are also coming your way, so prepare for a possible first date.