Weekly horoscopes: April 27 – May 3

Getty Images

Prepare for chaos, as well as a clean slate, at the onset of the new moon and solar eclipse in Taurus.

By Abigail Lamoreaux, Chief Copy Editor

Get ready for aspects of life to turn you upside down. On Saturday, a new moon and solar eclipse in Taurus will occur. This will provide us with a clean slate, but no major astrological event comes without a downside; due to the eclipse happening in Taurus, expect situations involving money and material goods to be concerns for people.

Aries (March 20 to April 19)

Finish your projects strong. It can be tempting to give up or even throw a tantrum at this point in the game for you — you’re a fire sign, you’re naturally volatile. However, we’re so close to the end of the semester, you might as well strap in and push through. It’s not worth it to throw in the towel when the end is so near in sight!

Taurus (April 20 to May 20)

Happy birth season! Know when to hold your tongue. You’re likely a wise soul, and people often come to you for advice, but sometimes you approach matters in a way that’s ultimately unhelpful for the advisee. It can be stressful for others to hear your point of view when it doesn’t align with theirs. Avoid hurting people’s feelings.

Gemini (May 21 to June 20)

Refresh and reset your brain. Good things are still coming your way… you might just be feeling a twinge of foreboding underneath it all. All the “what if”s floating in your brain are warranted, but they’re probably unpleasant to think about. Don’t ignore these thoughts, but do try and subdue them for a little while. You could use some relaxation. 

Cancer (June 21 to July 21)

Don’t overcommit. If you feel like you’re in a bad game of tug-of-war in which you’re the unfortunate rope, know that you’re not alone. Life is pulling you in many directions and you want to be successful at them all, but eventually, something has to give. Remember, the full saying is, “jack of all trades, master of none.” 

Leo (July 22 to Aug. 22)

Do something kind for a loved one. It may be second nature for you to be giving and courteous, but not without some hidden selfishness. That’s nothing to be ashamed of; you’re just looking out for yourself. However, what would happen if you did something completely selfless for someone you love? Brightening their day could easily brighten your own.

Virgo (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)

Prioritize self-care. It may not be often that you do something solely for yourself. Now is the time to do so. You’ve spent enough time caring for others recently that now you deserve some of that same TLC. Genuinely make yourself feel good this week. It might feel unnatural, but you might eventually realize just how much you needed it.

Libra (Sept. 23 to Oct. 22)

Free yourself from practicality. You’re currently goal-oriented, which is new for you. It’s not wrong, but it might be making you feel energetically off. Don’t force yourself to be focused on tasks and responsibilities if you’re not used to it. It’s OK to have your priorities shift in life, and it may end up being for the better.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 to Nov. 21)

Don’t fly off the radar. It’s so easy to disappear, but it takes real guts to pull yourself together and brave the storm of daily life. These daily storms may suck, but they serve a purpose; they are building you up stronger for those truly tumultuous days. Don’t take your own strength for granted. Improve on it when you can.

Sagittarius (Nov. 21 to Dec. 20)

Do you feel stuck? Perhaps you’ve been wanting to be free from the pressures of daily life for a while, but something is holding you back, keeping you where you are. Examine for yourself why you can’t break out. Maybe where you are isn’t as bad as you make it out to be; maybe it’s worse. Delve into your psyche and figure it out.

Capricorn (Dec. 21 to Jan. 19)

Check in with yourself. As the semester winds down, you’re likely overwhelmed by classes and workload and other people, so you may be forgetting to focus on who should be most important in your life — yourself. Take a moment or two to journal this week; see how you truly feel when you set pen to paper (or thumbs to notes app).

Aquarius (Jan. 20 to Feb. 17)

You can’t fix the energy. Right now, everything is chaotic. It can be hard to understand the source of it or how to make everything “right,” but there is likely no magical cure-all. Ride it out safely, perhaps by seeking therapy. If this is inaccessible to you, any therapeutic activity can be a worthy substitute. Prioritize your mental health this week. 

Pisces (Feb. 18 to March 19)

Broaden your definition of fun. Go try something new! If you have been craving adventure but have been too scared to do something about it, this is your plane ticket, your signed parental permission slip. Go off into the world and do something that intimidates you. It might end up being exactly what you needed.